I spend time with my catalog because we have invested a LOT of money in
great resources. If they are not easily accessed, we are wasting that
money. I add lots of extra cataloging in this great digital age and as a
result, my collection is heavily used. I call that a good use of my time
in service of what kids need. Just to let you know, my collection is
greatly out of date and my budget is one of the smallest in terms of FTE
within my own district and group of high school libraries. But it has
had historically the highest circulation of all of them. My peers here
acknowledge that and I will gladly share any extra cataloging I have
done. I know the collection very well as a result of the time I spend on
it. My kids use it and have learned I can be depended upon to get them
something good.

Rebecca Endlich

Librarian

Edmonds-Woodway High School