Here's the latest news about International School Library Day.
If you don't do anything else, the bookmark project is a super way to
connect with a school in another part of the world.
You have until Friday Sept. 8th to sign up.

Regards
Randi Hermans

>Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 12:25:20 -0700
>From: Rick Mulholland <libearywolf@shaw.ca>
>Subject: [bctlaforum] ISLD 2006
>
>Welcome to September.
>

>   It is a start of what hopefully turns out to be an exciting school year
> in the Northern Hemisphere and the start of the final term of the year
> for the Southern Hemisphere.  If you have not done so, you may want to
> begin your plans for International School Library Day, Monday October 23,
> 2006.  The IASL's website is full of planning ideas to jump start your ideas.
>

>For a list of possible activities, visit both of the following:
>
><http://www.iasl-slo.org/sldsuggested_activities.html>http://www.iasl-slo.org/sldsuggested_activities.html
>

>http://www.iasl-slo.org/isld2006-brochure.pdf
>

>Once again, Cherie Sherley, is promoting the Email Around the World
>project.  This year it's been suggested we ask students  to write a short
>summary of their favourite book - both nonfiction and fiction and tell why
>others should read it or what others can do with the information that they
>read.
>

>And we have one more week to join the bookmark project.  The last chance
>to join is Friday September 8.  For more information on both projects, visit:
>

><http://www.iasl-slo.org/isld2006-projects.html>http://www.iasl-slo.org/isld2006-projects.html
>

>If you still don't have any ideas on what to do to celebrate your school
>library, take a peek at the planned activities here:
>
><http://www.iasl-slo.org/isld2006a.html>http://www.iasl-slo.org/isld2006a.html
>

>School library personnel and associations have submitted a summary of
>their plans.  These are also arranged by country/geographic areas.
>

>Once you have your plans in place, please share with others.  Submit your
>ideas here:
>

><http://www.iasl-slo.org/isld2006-submit.html>http://www.iasl-slo.org/isld2006-submit.html
>

>Remember, if your school is on a break on Monday October 23, you can
>celebrate your school library day on another day.
>

>Cheers,
>
>Rick
>

>Rick Mulholland
>
>teacher-librarian (Surrey, BC, Canada)
>
>International School Library Day Coordinator (IASL)
>
><http://www.iasl-slo.org/isld.html>http://www.iasl-slo.org/isld.html

Randi Louise Hermans
Teacher-librarian
Evans Elementary K-6