It's unanimous - this is a worthwhile purchase. My order has already
gone in. Thanks to all for your wonderful comments!

Evie

---------

I have them, the kids love them, and I've never received a complaint.

---------

We have it and it has been popular with 8th graders especially.  I have
not read it myself.

---------

I have this series, and my students devoured them. they also loved the
Guardians of Ga'Hoole series.

---------

I have them in my middle school and they are extremely popular. They are
never on the shelf! There is a second series that Hunter has started
also that continues on into another generation. Some of my teachers have
read them and rave about them and tell their students about them. I
would have no reservations about having them in your collection. One of
these days I'll get around to reading them....if I can find the first
one on the shelf!

---------

I do have this series.  It is popular with grades 5-8.  I have not read
them, but the series was requested by many students, a couple of
teachers, and several parents.  I have had no complaints.

---------

I have all the Warriors books in my middle school library.  I have read
the first two and thought they were very good.  There are many kids who
really love them and can't wait for the next installment.  I would
definitely recommend that you buy them.

---------

I just got several of them in. I got one free last year, and kids seemed
to like it, so I bought more. We'll see how well they go over. I should
probably read one of them, but I'm afraid that I'll get hooked on the
series, and I've got several more books to read before I can start
something else.

---------

I love them.  Hmmm, violent?  Not as violent as some things I've read.

Most definitely belong in a middle school or Jr. High.  Not really
something the older readers will jump into.  (I know I'm older ;)

The cats do fight; for the most part they are working to get along,
abiding by boundaries and working together to defeat common enemies.

---------

Another teacher taking the library classes with me said these books are
VERY popular in her school's library.

---------

I have this series in my middle school library (grades 5-8).  I have not
read it myself, but cannot imagine that the violence is worse than in
any other animal fantasy series.  I only follow SLJ reviews to a point.
I buy what I think my students will read (age appropriate!!!)

---------

I have all of the Warriors books, and the kids are already asking for
more.  They're very popular with the 5th and 6th graders (our oldest
kids), and my guess is they'd be very popular in middle school as well.
I've read the series, and I think the comparison to Redwall is generally
appropriate for the violence level.  They're popular with both boys and
girls, which is nice.

---------

I don't have these in my school library yet as I haven't the monies to
purchase them.  However, my 6th grade son and I both read them over the
summer from the public library and thoroughly enjoyed them.  In fact, we
fought :o) to be the first one to get the next volume in the series.  We
are also waiting impatiently for the public library to purchase the next
series of 6-7 books that continues where the first series left off.

I found them to be a good read.  Very quick read and , at least for me.
The violence in them was not too graphic, at least for upper elementary
and older.  My 2nd grade daughter tried to read them but they did not
keep her attention.  I would recommend them to anyone who likes animal
books and to students who do not normally like to read.

---------

You have probably already had numerous replies but I will add my 2 cents
worth.

The first book in the series was a nominee of the Pacific NW's Young
Reader's Choice Award for last year.  I read it and found it on the tame
side.  Yes, there are some cat fights and little blood but it would be
very much like the Redwall series.  My students loved it and I have had
to keep up with the series.

---------

Like you, I have never read them; however, I do have them in paperback
and they are popular with some of my students.

Whether you should purchase them or not should be decided by your usual
selection policy.  If they fill a need, then perhaps you should consider
them.

---------

My 8 year old read them all.  She loved them. She is now reading the
Redwall series.

Here at my middle school, I was not going to buy them because they seem
for a younger audience.  I finally did just order them because so many
kids asked for them.

Evie Kremyar, Teacher Librarian

Seton Catholic School

6923 Stow Road

Hudson, Ohio 44236

(330) 342-4200 (main office)

(330) 342-8134 (library)

kremyare@setoncatholicschool.org

This message may contain information that is confidential and/or protected by law.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or communication of this
message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
please contact the sender immediately and delete the message. Please note that
although we will take all commercially reasonable efforts to prevent viruses from
being transmitted from our systems, it is the responsibility of the recipient to
check for and prevent adverse action by viruses on its own systems.

This email has been scanned by the Sophos PureMessage Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.sophos.com