This year the PE/Health program received new materials but the library was
left out in terms of buying some new library materials. Since we all had
budgets cut this year, I have not been able to buy any books. In an attempt
to be proactive I approached the Booster Club (we don't have a PTA) to see
if they would be willing to grant money and they are looking on my request
favorably. So I want to have a good list ready.

 I need books for students on playing the major sports as well as some of
the less major like golf, and some of the "extreme" such as skateboarding. I
also need physical fitness and weight training. I would like some items
about current players but most that I have seen are series for elementary or
middle school.

I have searched our jobber's list but would like to hear from other high
schools. I checked the archives but the most recent HIT was 2000 for
secondary sports. I have included some of those below.

If you have to titles to add or some comments on the titles below please
reply to me and I will post a hit.

Found these listed in the Archives

Play It Like a Pro, by Rourke Publishing.  They have one each for baseball,
football, soccer, and baseketball.  The ISBN for the football book is
1-55916-215-5.

Let It Rip: The Ultimate Guide to Snowboarding, Greg Daniels, 1997. Extreme
sports: The Illustrated Guide to Maximum Adrenaline Thrills, Joe Tomlinson,
1996.

Enslow four distinctive sports series.  Sports Top 10, Sports Greats, Sports
Reports, Great Sports Teams

Steps to Success series from Human Kinetics to provide info for reports the
students write for their classes. They are paperback--I cover them--and are
fairly inexpensive.  Human
Kinetics, www.humankinetics.com, 1-800-747-4457

Deborah Stafford
Gen. H.H. Arnold High School