Thanks to all who responded to my request!

I received 10 responses to my request for information.  Nine of the
copyrighted and recommend I download them from sunlink, a state system or
from the OCLC.   As it turns out, I contacted Recorded Books (duh!) and the
person who does their cataloging says they sell MARC records for 1.25 if I
want them sent on a disk or that I could go to the website and download them
for FREE!

I did get one response from the President of a library vendor  who wrote the
following:

*At marc4media, we watch 70% of the educational videos/DVD's we catalog.  We
also create curriculum-enhanced records interpreting the use of each product
in K-college education. This is a very time-consuming process producing a
unique MARC record that embodies years of teacher/librarian experience.
Even the 30% that we do not catalog from scratch, we enhance with
curriculum-data fields. For that reason, we felt very early on, that we were
producing a product that could be copyrighted.*
* *
*The Copyright Office of the Library of Congress agrees, so each year we
copyright the marc4media database. The only way we can keep producing these
records is by offering them under a sole-site license.  If schools or school
districts upgrade their automation systems, they can transfer the data from
one system to the next, but a purchaser is not licensed to share the
records with another potential purchaser.*
* *
*If you think this information is of significance, please feel free to post
to the group.*
* *
*Lorraine.*
* *
 *Lorraine Knight*
*President*
*marc4media*
*10645 N. Tatum Blvd., Ste. 200-316*
*Phoenix Az. 85028 *
*1-800-799-3988*
*480-998-0283*
**
Thought you might be interested in what she had to say.

Billie Esser
Jefferson West High School
619 Condray
Meriden, KS  66512