Fellow Librarians:

Here at Lancaster Country Day School we have quite a few activities
planned for National Library Week.  One of the things we are doing is
having an Open Mic/Mike Night in the MS/US Library.

We need help with a dilemma which was brought to our attention by
today's funny papers.  One of the comic strips alludes to an Open Mike
Night. In preparation for creating posters and announcements, our MS/US
Librarian spelled it Open Mic Night; I spelled it Open Mike Night. I was
overruled by the proofreader and conceded.

But....after reading today's funnies I am again in search of the
correct spelling.  Older dictionaries list only mike as the correct
spelling, newer dictionaries include mic as an alternative.

Does it matter??????

Cindi Knauer
Lower School Librarian
Lancaster Country Day School