Help!  I am REALLY feeling out of my element here.  Do you know any good
websites about designing/building/buying/selling homes?

Our school is running and academic challenge to see which student team
can design the best "virtual" home and adhere to budget and building
codes etc., and then "sell" the home to the judges at the end.  ANY
ideas would be most welcome.  I am trying to put together a basic page
of sources for kids to save them searching time.   They only have 2 days
to complete the challenge.  Although the whole things is supposed to be
up to them to do - the committee did want to provide them with some
basic tools to start with  - including web sites.

We will need:

Any free online sites that allow students to create virtual buildings
and or virtual rooms.

Any sites that are good for locating the prices of building supplies
etc.  (Froogle of course beign one of them)

Any sites with information about creating a "green" home.

Info about energy efficient applicances

Anything you can think of regarding home building.  I am out of my
element here.   We live in an old victorian house in an old
neighborhood.  I have NO experience with having a new home built - nor
do my neighbors.  I've lived in the same house since 1973, and don't
even know much about online realtors.

Jacquie

"The Librarian, whose job is to heal ignorance, to keep life safe for
poetry and to put knowledge smack dab in the middle of the American
way."

From The Philadelphia Inquirer, 9-20-03
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jacquie Henry, MLS