Hello All:

I am struggling to finalize my bingo cards based upon the levels given on
the AR website that many of you have suggested using.  This contest is for
fourth and fifth graders, but some of them read below level of course.  I am
designing a card for those that read on the fifth grade level, fourth grade,
third grade, and below third.  I have had a relatively easy time finding
books for fourth and fifth grade reading levels, although I am not so sure
that the ones they listed as 4th or 5th really belonged there...Anyway, I am
having a hard time finding Newbery and Caldecott books on the 3rd or 2nd
grade level, at least as they are listed on the AR site.  Does anyone have
suggestions of Newbery, Caldecott, or "other" books I could have the 4th and
5th graderes on these levels reading?  I don't want them to feel left out,
but I also don't want to give them Frog and Toad or anything like that...I
could really use some help and would be more than willing to share the
results...

Jaclyn Adler
K-5 Teacher Librarian
Schenectady CSD
winsler2003@hotmail.com

Download Messenger. Join the i’m Initiative. Help make a difference today.