Thanks for all the responses-here they are.

Amy Ipp
Millburn Middle School
Millburn NJ
_LU83@aol.com_ (mailto:LU83@aol.com)

Contact your local database representative (like Thomson Gale,  EBSCO,
ProQuest, etc.).  They may have mousepads "free of charge" with  their
company logos on them.  You might check to see if you can find  some
from them first....I was able to get about 20 free mousepads  with
different types of "search techniques" from these companies a  couple
of years ago.

Have you approached some businesses to see if they'll provide free  ones?
Follett has lovely mouse pads, Dell has paper-like ones, but they  work.  Ask
your person who buys technology if they have any friendly  salespeople who would
provide some.

Do not pay for mousepads.  Call all of your vendors (Ebsco, Follett,
whomever you use).  Get each to send you 10, or maybe someone will send all
thirty.
Where do you buy your computers?  Who has your tech  contract?  What large
businesses are in your area? I know some company will  send you mouse pads!

I have not used this site but you can try it:
_http://www.totallyfreestuff.com_ (http://www.totallyfreestuff.com)

Check out this site.

_http://www.bettermousepads.com/specials/index.html_
(http://www.bettermousepads.com/specials/index.html)

I got a bunch donated by the Army (or maybe navy) recruiters a couple of
years ago.  You might ask osme local business if they'd like to do a  similar
thing if you can't stomach the recruiters in your middle school.

Personally, I don't use them anymore.  I have optical mice and they  don't
need the pads

Hi Amy!
Ikea has them-just a plain round solid color circle.  I  bought some for
my school last year-I think they were 1 or 2 dollars.Sorry I  can't
remember the exact amount.--Melissa

It might take some doing, but if you wrote to a few universities in your
area (or anywhere) you might get them to send you a few for free. I know most
colleges have them in the bookstores. Just a thought. It would be fun to have a
bunch of different ones around for the kids to see...likewise, you might hit
up  some companies too.