Thanks to all who sent suggestions for the Flip Video camera:

I used the Flip Ultra to film our Book Festival.  I hope to post it
soon, but I'm still learning that part of the mechanism.  I also plan to
check out (to middle school students).  I've purchased 2 of the 30 min.
Flips (for students) and plan to purchase at least 2 of the 60 min. ones
(for teacher use).

Videocasting; uploading to TeacherTube.com; embedding into Powerpoints;
video booktalks to link to my library website.

We are planning on using them to film student's book reviews (of library
books) and then having those available for viewing in the library by
other students.

My students use it to record book talks or book reviews.  We did quite a
few for Teen Read Week.  Dr. Barry Bishop, the Library Director for
Springbranch ISD recommends loading Audacity on your circulation
computer and when students return books, ask them if they would like to
give a 30 second review of the book they are returning and then upload
the reviews for a podcast.  I would like to take his suggestion further
and keep the camera at the circulation desk and ask students to hold the
book and talk into the camera.

I am having my 5th graders make a video showing the younger students how
to properly use looking sticks.  I also am planning to have students do
a video tour of the library.  I want to make some other videos myself on
Dewey to use at the introduction of the lesson.  You also can do video
podcasts on any subject.

(RCA also makes a small camera like the Flip as well as a few other
companies.  www.theflip.com <http://www.theflip.com/> )

Chuck Finnigan, Teacher / Librarian

Central Elem School

Sedro Woolley, WA