I was lucky enough to be rewarded an LSTA grant through the Illinois State Library
for an author visit to my school and the nieghboring public high school (I am at a
small Catholic high school).  After hearing the good news in October I contacted
author Alix Flinn about coming to southern Illinois.  She wrote back and said she
was working on going to Glen Ellyn  in late February and maybe she could fly to St.
Louis from there and we could work something out.  I have sent her about 4 e-mails
since and not heard anything.  I know on her website it says she sometimes has
trouble with her e-mail.

So I have 2 questions.  One if you are the Glen Ellyn schools having her visit,
could you please e-mail me and let me know if you have heard from her.

Second, I am getting rather nervous as this visit has to be this school year, and I
need to book someone soon.  Anyone have any other suggestions for a great high
school author visit if tings don't work out with Alix Flinn?

Thanks so much!

Carol Bandre
Mater Dei High School
Breese, IL 62230