Clear DayHi all,

First thanks to everyone who responded.  I received several requests for a hit.
Here is my original request along with responses and a poem I quickly wrote
Saturday morning  Enjoy!   I also googled "You've been elfed" and "Secret Santa"
and came up with tons of websites.
Orginal Request
In the past I have seen Halloween "gotcha" type games played where a person leaves
a small, inexpensive item on a doorstop or in a school mailbox which says something
like "You have been tagged by the Halloween Ghost."  The person who received the
treat then had to "tag" three others.

Does anyone know of a cute Christmas poem etc. which does the same thing?   Our
school is looking for fun ideas to promote the Christmas spirit and improve morale
among the faculty.

Any ideas welcome and Thanks so much in advance.  I always try to thank each person
personally but sometimes the mail does not go through.

Merry Christmas!

You've Been Claused
Place this poem with treats in a basket
A quick and clever neighbor thought you needed some cheer.
So they've dropped off this basket of treats, rang your doorbell and flew like
Santa's reindeer. Please place this jolly old elf on your front door for all to
spy, that you have "just been claused" by this merry little guy. Then fix a few
goodies in the basket given to you, ring someone's bell, leave the basket and make
them cheerful too!!

In a bag put this poem and some Christmas goodies.

You've Been Elfed

Author unknown to me

The air is cold, the snow might fall...
the Christmas season is here for all.
Your neighbors are looking for things to do...
in fact, a neighbor brought this to you.
On your front door is where it should hang...
to help ward off winter's icy pangs.
The things that came with coupled note...
are yours to keep, enjoy them both.
The fun begins when friends like you...
will copy this note and make it TWO.
Along with this note, add a little elf...
on a neighbor's door, it should be left.
Be sure to add some nice little treats...
like something cute or something sweet.
By the way, don't remove the little fella,
or twice your house might get elfed.
Please join in the fun, let's really share it...
by spreading some Merry Christmas spirit!!!

ELFING Directions:
1. Enjoy your treats!
2. Place your ELFED sign on your front door.
3. Now you have 24 hours to make 2 copies of directions, two elf signs, and 2 sets
of goodies to share with friends or neighbors.
4. Secretly deliver to 2 friends who haven't been ELFED.
5. Watch how far this spreads by Christmas!!

Elf sign reads:
You've Been Elfed

A cute little elf has gone around
leaving some goodies I see you've found.
If you do not wish the holidays to stall,
continue the greeting, this elfly call.

First, this little elf you should leave,
on a desk or office door until Christmas Eve.
Then no other elves will visit again,
If you take part and participate with a grin.

Make 2 treat sacks, 2 elves, 2 notes: that's the gist,
give them to 2 co-workers who may have been missed.
Don't let them see you, be sneaky, no doubt...
check back to be sure that they put their elf out.

Next, you have only one day to act, so be fast...
leave treats at desks where no elf has passed.
Deliver early ar morn, when there's barely a light..
Before your co-workers arrive, then stay out of sight!

And last, but not least, come join in the elfing...
don't worry, be happy, soon you'll be laughing.
Be joyful, have fun, and try not to be seen...
and share in the spirit of Christmas Eve.
I'VE BEEN ELFED!!

YOU'VE BEEN CLAUSED
A quick and clever neighbor
thought you needed some cheer.

So they've dropped off this basket of treats,
rang your doorbell and flew like Santa's reindeer.

Please place this jolly old elf
on your front door for all to spy,

that you have "just been Claused"
by this merry little guy.

THE CHRISTMAS ANGEL HAS COME TO TOWN
The Christmas Angel has come to town,
To leave you some goodies, I see you have found.

If you wish to spread some of this good cheer,
Continue this greeting, 'cause Christmas is near.

First post the "Angel" where all can see,
And leave it there until Christmas Eve.

Then make 2 treats, with 2 notes like this,
Deliver to 2 neighbors who the Angel has missed.

You have only two days to leave a treat.
Ring the doorbell and run -- be fast on your feet.

Let's share in the spirit of friendship and love,
That's what Christmas is really made of.

The Christmas spirit

Is filled with fun,

Love and laughter

For Everyone!

By giving and sharing’

We can brighten a day

Spreading the spirit

Of Christmas today.

You’ve been “tagged”

By the Christmas elf

Now share the love

With someone else.

Think of three colleagues

Whose kindness you’ve felt

And secretly “tag” them

With the Christmas Elf!

by Serena Hayes

 “Tags” should not be more than a dollar

and can include notes of appreciation, small treats,

ornaments or whatever you choose.

Please pass on the elf poem with your “tag”).