This past summer I went to Powell's Books in Portland and was inspired
by their "Shelf Talkers" I created some of my own in Word for my
library - cutting and pasting covers and reviews or descriptions
(giving credit where credit is due) and put them on my shelves at the
beginning of the year. Basically all they consist of are half sheets
of cardstock with the book cover and a description or review at the
bottom.  I fold the paper above the picture of the book cover and then
place it on the shelf by the book. The response from the kids was very
good - most of the books with shelf talkers were checked out.

I've just made a new batch - and am wondering if anyone out there does
something similar and would be willing to share files with me -and I'd
share my files.  I'm mostly doing it for my fiction collection grades
4-8  - but will also work on nonfiction and easier chapter books.  I
imagine most of our collections are similar.  Please contact me off-
line.

Kristine Wildner
Librarian
Holy Apostles School