The "Transforming Texas Libraries" summit taking place in Austin (now)
is addressing the "visions" of various libraries.  The Texas Library
Association is composed of all libraries--- academic, public, and
school---so this "visioning of libraries" includes school libraries.
As a result, I wondered what your ideas / visions might be for the
future of school libraries--- within the frame of questions that have
been presented to us (see below).

Here are just a few of the questions that have been presented for us
to think about:  (you may want to respond to some or all of these as
they "inspire" you)

*  To give our users (and potential users) seamless access to library
resources and services, what innovative partnerships should we develop
with other libraries?

* To better serve our users, what are the public, private,
educational, and commercial entities (non-libraries) should we partner
with to deliver information and services to the people who need them?

*  What value do we provide to our users and communities that is
unique and necessary?

* How do we push library resources and services outside of libraries?

* How do we change ourselves in order to transform our libraries?

* What logistics need to change to allow libraries to transform and
position themselves to evolve with the dynamic shifts in society?

* What services and resources will our users most need in the coming years?

*  What are the things we might try to appeal to people 25 years and
under?  (I'm concerned with this question, as it relates to the K-12
school libraries, because it definitely seems to have only a public or
academic approach.)

Do you have any comments, questions, concerns, or ideas that you'd
like to voice?  I'm hoping to bring some different ideas or answers to
the table when we begin discussing some of this (throughout the year)
and to provide the Texas K-12 school librarians with some interesting
viewpoints from those outside of Texas.

You may post to me personally or to the list.  I'll try to re-direct
you to the site where all of this will be, if anyone is interested.

Thanks!

~Shonda

--
Shonda Brisco, MLIS