Forwarded by Judi Moreillon

WOW Stories: Connections from the Classroom is seeking manuscripts for
publication in our electronic journal. Manuscripts should focus on
descriptions of practice connecting children and literature in ways that
promote intercultural understanding. We especially welcome submissions by
classroom teachers and librarians.

WOW Stories: Connections from the Classroom is the refereed journal of
Worlds of Words, an organization dedicated to creating an international
network of people who share the vision of bringing books and children
together, thereby opening windows on the world. WOW encourages thoughtful
dialogue around international literature so that children can reflect on
their own cultural experiences and connect to the experiences of others
across the globe.

Manuscripts should not exceed 1200 words and should include charts, graphs,
children's artifacts, bulleted points, and/or figures wherever possible to
vary the format, enhance the content of the article, and include children's
voices where appropriate.  We particularly invite manuscripts written as a
story that one educator might tell to another to share the responses of
students to a book.  The first issue of the journal is available online at:
www.wowlit.org <http://www.wowlit.org/>  Please read the first issue for
examples of the types of manuscripts we are seeking.

Submit all manuscripts electronically to wow@email.arizona.edu.

The author's name or any reference that would enable a reviewer to know who
the author is should be omitted from the manuscript.

Author's name,
Mailing address,
Phone number,
Fax number,
Email address,
School/professional organization should be emailed in a separate file along
with the manuscript.

All manuscripts will be reviewed by at least two members of the editorial
review board. Decisions will be made within six months.

For specific questions or inquiries, please contact Dr. Janine M. Schall at:
jschall@utpa.edu

Judi Moreillon, M.L.S., Ph.D.
Literacies and Libraries Consultant
Author:  <http://tinyurl.com/yzvy5g> Collaborative Strategies for Teaching
Reading Comprehension: Maximizing Your Impact
 <http://storytrail.com> http://storytrail.com
 <mailto:info@storytrail.com> info@storytrail.com