A middle school colleague has an idea and needs some help.  She wants to
tie a reading promotion at her school to the March Madness basketball
tournament.  There are many male teachers at her school who follow the
brackets and loyally keep track each year.

She wants to form student "teams" with an adult (preferably male) leader,
naming the teams after the actual college teams.

The "contest" would be the number of pages read or the number of books
read, verified by the leader.

She's in the very early stages of planning, but I think it's a great
start.  She could use some wisdom from all of you.

Have any of you ever done this before?  Do you have any suggestions on
where she should go with her idea?

Thanks for any help.  I'll pass it along to her and I'll post a hit if
there's interest.

Marcia Norris
Reading Coach
mnorris@suwannee.k12.fl.us

Suwannee Intermediate School
1419 Walker Ave.
Live Oak, FL
386-208-1565

"Water is fluid, soft, and yielding.  But water will wear away rock,
which is rigid and cannot yield.  As a rule, whatever is fluid, soft,
and yielding will overcome whatever is rigid and hard.  This is
another paradox:  what is soft is strong."

  ~~Lao-tzu