Good Morning, All!

  I've just been introduced to the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyers.  I am
HOOKED!  I've only read the first - can't get my hands on 2 or 3 now, as they are
on forever-long waiting lists.  I'm going to Amazon them from me, to me for
Christmas!

  I am an elementary LMS, and certainly can't justify them in any way for my
library.  Due to that limitation, I often limit my young adult reading to what I'd
purchase for my kids.  Don't get me wrong, I read voraciously as an adult - adult
novels, but I've missed the whole YA development.

  When I was a kid, we had S.E. Hinton or Danielle Steel - there weren't many
in-betweens for recreational reading.  (Yes, I know there are plenty of classics
such as Fitzgerald and the like for teens, but I mean REALLY recreational...)  I
don't mean to insult anyone or any literature.  I just had difficulty finding that
escapist literature I loved then - and today.

  I couldn't believe the development and integrity of the stories at this level!
It's like a whole new world has been opened to me.  I never expected a teen book to
hold my 35 yr. old interest, yet I read it in under 3 hrs.  I literally couldn't
put it down.

  Having said all of that, can anyone recommend other great teen reads such as
this?  They don't have to be paranormal - just good stories.  I truly, honestly
don't know where to start.  Like I said, I can recommend books for 4th grade and
under, or for adult & above, but nothing in the middle.  Any great reads you can
recommend will be appreciated.  I have some young readers in my Sunday School class
- one of whom recommended Twilight.  I'd love to be able to connect with them on
another level.  And, I need something to read until I get my Twilight set it!

  Have a great day!
  HG

Holly Gillum, LMS
  Anderson Elementary
  Crossett, AR 71635
  exlibrishg@yahoo.com

  "Reading gives you some place to go when you have to stay where you are."  ~Mason
Cooley