Hi All:

I got more requests for a hit than I did for the answer but I thank all
those people who gave me their insight. We are looking at PCounter.
Thanks. Here are the responses

Original Question
I am looking for a counter that I can put on network printers that will
limit the number of copies that each user can send to the printer.
We had enough ink for the rest of the year and now (December???) and we
are out. My principal wants to limit the number of copies.  Any ideas???
Thanks.

Answers
We use PCounter.  Each student is given an account, which counts down as
they print.  When they are out of money in the account they have to see me
to either get more, or give actual money to pay for more printing.  I can
see a list of everything they have printed, if it is all school work, I
put more $$ in their account, if it is junk printing from the internet
during lunches or something, then they need to fork over some money.

We are a MAC district and you can limit the numbers of pages a student can
print in our network management software.

I started to charge ten cents per page and the printing dropped like a rock.

Dianne Anderson
McKenzie High School
23292 Hwy. 22
McKenzie, TN  38201