From: School Library Media & Network Communications
[mailto:LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Turney, Jennifer
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 8:11 AM
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Re: [LM_NET] overdue, lost library books

I do tend to be generous--I won't completely erase a fine, unless I know
of some extenuating circumstance. I do let them pay what they are able
and the rest just "magically" disappears OR I offer them an opportunity
to work off the amount owed. I usually offer $3 per hour worked. They
can come in and help with just general library maintenance--shelving,
dusting, straightening shelves or displays, etc.

I also handle all the ID fines for my campus, and let the kids work it
off this way as well.

Jennifer Turney, Librarian
Angleton High School
Texas Library Association--Tayshas Committee
jturney@angletonisd.net <mailto:jturney@angletonisd.net>
Currently Reading: Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert