I have used it in the past in elementary settings. Never had a problem. I guess the
bigger question is: why are they showing the video? Is it part of a holiday unit
and next will be Jewish and Islamic celebrations? Kwanzaa? I just finished a unit
with sophomores which covered them all - and the students could do research on
holiday of choice.My question to the teachers would be - and why is it surprising
that a video about Christmas would mention Jesus?AllanDr. Allan O'Grady Cuseo,
MGCDirector of Library ServicesBishop Kearney High School | A Golisano Education
Partner125 Kings Highway SouthRochester, New York 14617585.342.4000
x231585.342.4694 (fax)www.bkhs.orgCollege Prep. Plus.-----Original
Message-----From: "Ron Wagner" [Ron.Wagner@VANSD.ORG]Date: 12/14/2007 09:39 AMTo:
LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDUSubject: Re: [LM_NET] Christmas Around the World DVDTwo
teachers in my building have asked me to pull the Christmas Around the World DVD
(Holidays for Children set) because it is "too religious."  They claim they both
had to turn it off in the middle because there was too much talk about baby Jesus.

Has anyone else run into a problem with this video?  I know how to handle a
challenge; I just need feedback to see if anyone has had similar problems with this
particular video (or if you can't imagine anyone having a problem with it!) before
I decide what to do.

Another teacher in my building has used it for years with no complaints, and it
bought it at the request of teachers who wanted the "around the world" perspective.
 I'm taking the DVD home tonight to watch it myself.

Thanks.

Ron Wagner
Teacher-Librarian
Felida Elementary School