Curtis, Dr. Bell, and others using <BLINK>

Please be aware that <BLINK> is a deprecated element. From a 1996 meeting of
the HTML Editorial Review Board:
"The BLINK tag was ousted in an HTML ERB meeting. Netscape would only
abolish it if Microsoft agreed to get rid of MARQUEE; the deal was struck
and both tags disappeared. Both of these extensions have always been
considered slightly goofy by all parties. "
http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/book4/ch02.html

As the Wikipedia article on <BLINK> notes, the element has been called
"simply evil" and the worst thing ever done for the Internet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blink_tag. If the fact that it is the fastest
way to make you website look 10 years old doesn't sway you, let me also
point out that this is a highly inaccessible tag. It makes the text very
difficult to read and causes screen readers problems.

Please, please, please rethink both the use of <BLINK> and the <marquee> tag
I see in your sample code! Libraries need to present up to date websites
that model current best practices and avoid the use of deprecated stylistic
elements.

Christopher Harris - infomancy@gmail.com
Coordinator, School Library System
Genesee Valley BOCES, Le Roy, NY