Posing a question today, asking for help from
those of you with extensive experience in
technology and your thoughts on URL
addresses...

I'm nearly ready to move my blog to our own
host so it won't have the blog spot address in it.
In some schools, anything with the word "blog"
in it is blocked by software programs designed
to protect the school computers and kids from
pornographic material. (Tip: If you ever do an
Internet search on "Indian Princess," be ready
for a slew of hits that are porn sites.)

I am very nervous about the move. I don't want to lose
any content in the process of moving it. If anyone
has done this, please let me know!

When the move happens, I'll let you know what
the URL will be. I'll chose from

.org
.net
.info
.com

Any thoughts you have on the pros and
cons of the four options will be much appreciated.
I'm leaning towards .org because it conveys that
the material I provide on the site is free. Obviously,
.com suggests a commercial site, so I'm least
interested in that. I have purchased all four and
will set things up so that anyone typing in any of
the four will be directed to whatever one I choose
to use.

Below is a summary of posts to my blog/resource
last week.

Monday, December 10:
News: Van Camp's WELCOME SONG FOR BABY
--I posted Beverly Slapin's review of this board book
last week. I revisited it on Dec 10 because I learned
it will be given to every baby born in British Columbia
next year. When you go to the blog, make sure you
follow the link to the source for this news, because
there you can click on a link to see a much larger
image of the two babies I include with this post.
I love babies, and photos of babies, and this one
make me exclaim aloud.

Thursday, December 13:
Ann Turner's SITTING BULL REMEMBERS
--A review of the book by Beverly Slapin.

Friday, December 14:
Beginnings
--A repost of my very first post to the blog, back
in May of 06. I listed books and articles I've
learned from, and, posed some questions for
looking critically at folk tales.

Have a great week, and please forward this
email to others who work with children and
books. (Note: If you received this from someone
and wish to receive it directly, send me an email
to debreese@uiuc.edu.)

To get to my blog, go to my faculty bio at UIUC
http://www.nah.uiuc.edu/faculty-Reese.htm and
click on "Web Page" underneath my name.

Debbie

Debbie A. Reese (Nambé Pueblo)
Assistant Professor, American Indian Studies
Native American House, Room 2005
1204 West Nevada Street, MC-138
Urbana, Illinois 61801

Email: debreese@uiuc.edu
TEL 217-265-9885
FAX 217-265-9880

My Internet blog and resource:
American Indians in Children's Literature
To get to it, visit my bio and click on 'Web Page'
http://www.nah.uiuc.edu/faculty-Reese.htm