        I just wanted to say a BIG thank you to all who contributed
speedy suggestions for my instructional coordinator (see original
question below).  While I didn't plan on presenting a hit, I thought I
would for future reference and to offer my thanks to all who helped me
answer her question.  Gotta love the teamwork on this listserv! ;-)

QUESTION: My instructional coordinator asked if I knew of "...a
children's book that talks about children avoiding jobs in the
household?  There is one called It's Not My Job by Ted Lish but it is
out of print."

SUGGESTIONS:
+ The Little Red Hen
(Who will grind the wheat?  Not I...  Who will bake the bread? Not I...
etc.)
+ Sarah Sylvia Cynthia Stout would not take the garbage out! by Shel
Silverstein
+ Baby Ant Has Stinky Pants by Brouwer, Sigmund
+ Family for Sale by Eth
+ The Berenstain Bears and the Trouble with Chores
+ Gus Loved His Happy Home by Jane Thayer
Gus the ghost neglects his housecleaning chores while Mr. Frizzle is on
vacation and fears that this dereliction of duty will cause him and his
animal friends to lose their home with Frizzle
+ Hayburners by Gene Smith LCCN 73015677
A well-to-do family is influenced by the selflessness of the retarded
man hired to do chores for the summer b. waters
+ For You are a Kenyan Child by Kelly Cunnane
+ I think it was call Piggybook.  Don't remember the author/ilus.   I
was about a family where nobody but the mother would pick up.  Slowly
they turned into pigs when the mom refused to clean up after everyone.
It was very cleverly done.

Thanks again,

Josh Mika
LRC Director