 From: mwalker@GLENNCOE.ORG
 To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
 Sent: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 6:20 PM
 Subject: HIT: ELEM Books on Good Deeds / Random Acts of Kindness

  Thanks for the responses!  There were many requests for a HIT.

Original Post:

Random Acts of Kindness Week is Feb 12-18.  I'm looking for picture
books, easy non-fiction, and books for adults to promote doing good
deeds/random acts of kindness and/or manners. I would love to hear
titles you'd recommend.  I would also be interested in websites with
ideas for promoting random acts of kindness with ideas children in
grades K-3 can do, and I'm also interested in quotes which emphasize the
importance of doing for others.  I'll post a HIT of what I find.
Thanks!

There is a great book called "One SMile"

How about Somebody loves you, Mr. Hatch, by Spinelli

Nose Tree by Hutten Warwick

Goodness Gorillas by Lisa McCourt

Best Night out with Dad by Lisa McCourt (She might have other books,
too)

Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson

Sidewalk Patrol by Larry Dane Brimner

Here Comes Darrell by Leda Schubert

The Kindness Quilt by Nancy Elizabeth Wallace

Kermit the Hermit by Bill Peet

Be Nice to Spiders by Margaret Graham

The Beggar's Magic : a Chinese tale by Margaret Chang

Auwww, I immediately thought of "Somebody loves you, Mr. Hatch," by
Eileen Spinelli, which is one that I like to read for Valentine's Day
week.

also, any books about Johnny Appleseed. . ..

The Kindness Quilt by Nancy Wallace--don't miss this picture book!!

Web sites:

http://www.actsofkindness.org/

http://familyfirst.net/famlife/kindness.asp

Random Acts of Kindness as a Family

------------------------------------

Michelle Walker, Librarian/Technology Coordinator

Hamilton Union High School

P.O. Box 488 / Hwy 32 & Canal Street

Hamilton City, CA  95951

(530) 826-3261 ext 0 phone

(530) 826-0440 fax

mwalker@glenncoe.org

http://www.glenn-co.k12.ca.us/ham-hs/library.html

Check out the new AOL.  Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools,
free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail
and more.