Look at the Lamplighter books at www.childrenscrownaward.org  Here is a quote from
their webpage:

  "The Children's Gallery Award, the Children's Crown Award, and the Lamplighter
Award are
nominee lists of forty new titles each year. They encourage primary, intermediate,
and middle school
students to read and vote on wholesome and uplifting mainstream books that
have been published within the last two years."

  We make sure we have ALL their recommended books in our libraries K-8, and we put
a 586 tag in our catalog so that parents and students can search for books on these
lists.  You'll love this list.

Kathi Worthy <Kcbworthy@AOL.COM> wrote:
  I am currently in a small Christian school and in need of books list that
would be "appropriate" for middle grades and high school. Having recently
retired from public school, I have books lists but I know that parents would have
strong objections to some lists I have.

I am hoping that someone out there can email me a list.

Thanks
Kathi Worthy
Youth Christian School
Powder Springs, Georgia
_kcbworthy@aol.com_ (mailto:kcbworthy@aol.com)

In the message write EITHER: 1) SIGNOFF LM_NET 2) SET LM_NET NOMAIL
3) SET LM_NET MAIL 4) SET LM_NET DIGEST * Allow for confirmation.

Donna Steel Cook
Central ISD Library Director
Central High School Librarian
7622 HYW 69 North
Pollok, TX  75969
donnasteelcook@yahoo.com

"Books are the holes in the fences of life."  --Peg Kehert

Finding fabulous fares is fun.
bargains.