TARGET: We have anthologies of  Asimov, Bradbury, Chekhov; Cisneros, Hemingway O.
Henry;  Hughes,  London, Poe and Twain. I would  appreciate suggestions for more
diversity.

========

America street : a multicultural anthology of stories / edited by Anne Mazer (1993)

The dark-thirty : Southern tales of the supernatural / Patricia C. McKissack ;
illustrated by Brian Pinkney (1992)

My dad's a punk : 12 stories about boys and their fathers / edited by Tony Bradman.

(2006)

Once upon a cuento / edited by Lyn Miller-Lachmann (2003)

Petty crimes / Gary Soto (1998)

 ==

Look at Paul Yee, Gary Soto, Chinua Achebe, Isaac Bashevis Singer, Francesca Lia
Block,  Naomi Shihab Nye, Kyoko Mori, Joseph Bruchac, Judith Cofer Ortiz, Chaim
Potok, Walter Dean Myers, and Virginia Hamilton.

Specific titles:

Coming of age in American: a Multicultural Anthology / ed. by Mary Frosch;

Face relations : 11 stories about seeing beyond color / edited by Marilyn Singer.;

With all my heart, with all my mind : thirteen stories about growing up
Jewish / edited by Sandy Asher.

Necessary noise : stories about our families as they really are / edited by Michael
Cart ; illustrations by Charlotte Noruzi.

Martin Swist
mswist@asij.ac.jp
Middle School LMS
The American School In Japan
1 - 1- 1 Nomizu, Chofu - shi, Tokyo
Member of the LM_NET Hospitality Committee
"The heart is a little to the left." (Rev.) William Sloane Coffin

LM_NET Mailing List Home