Good morning -- I'm in a high school library that's moving to a new
building this coming summer, and as part of the new facility, we are
getting a Rauland media delivery system.  We are told that this system
has already been purchased, & has been sitting around in a box for some
period of time.  We have no idea what model it is, so we don't know how
it delivers content to the classrooms (in other words, does it digitize
it?).

Here's the question:  Since most of our VHS/DVD collection is "Home Use"
(as opposed to the more expensive "Public Performance"), can we use
these items on a media delivery system?  (We'll assume the same
face-to-face instruction circumstances as we always have.)

And does legality depend on whether the system will digitize the content
first?

Please respond directly to me, & I'll post a hit if it's needed.  Many
thanks!

-----
Hilary Anderson, Librarian
T.C. Williams High School