Before next September it is my job to get my library collection ready
for AR. I have to identify which books in my collection have tests,
order the tests, and mark the books.

I imagined printing out my shelf list and doing individual titles
searches. Then my principal discovered AR BookGuide. In case you are
interested, this is the description:

"With the web-based edition of AR BookGuide, you can quickly access
helpful details about every book in the AR quiz library, identify and
sort all new titles (new web-based technology keeps you continuously
updated with new quiz lists each week.), instantly see ATOS levels for
every book, Import book levels and point values for each book so
BookGuide information matches AR on every title, and much, much more!"

I called about it today and was told that once the program is installed
you upload your Marc records and it makes a list of your Potential AR
books.

I am looking for reviews and recommendations. Has anyone used it?  It
sounds like quite a time saver.

By the way, the cost is $199. I'm not sure what my district's hourly
rate is for summer projects - it varies - but even using $20/hour,
that's only 10 hours of work. For a collection of 14,000 items it seems
like a good idea.

Please let me know if you have used AR BookGuide.

Karen DeFrank, LMS

Bullock School

Glassboro NJ

kdefrank@glassboroschools.us