Good morning:
   OK--this is one of those "overseas" type questions so bear with me on
this one.
    I loved the original Bobbsey Twins growing up, but have tried to get
some of our better readers to enjoy them here and they just can't get
past the old slang and language. "That's a swell idea" just doesn't
fly with them and when they are already ESL it really confuses them.
     I saw on Amazon that the original series has been "reissued" in 2004
and I was wondering if anyone had seen them. Does the storyline stay
the same but the language updated or is it exactly the same with a
new pretty cover?
      I do have some copies of the series "The New Bobbsey Twins" that
were published in the 1980's and those are not the ones I am asking
about. I am speaking of "The Bobbsey Twins of Lakeport" and that
series.
      Also--any comments on Dinah (the cook) and her husband. I know that
I saw a bit of controversy about the racial implications associated
with that and I was wondering if they were "toned down" a bit in the
reissues or if anyone has had problems with them.

Thanks for all your help.

Carol Van Brocklin
Librarian
Faith Academy-Davao