From: Marie Szymcik
To: 'Charlotte Lesser'
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 1:17 PM
Subject: FW: [Ednet] teacher guilty of endangering kids due to spyware

From: ednet-bounces@educ.umass.edu [mailto:ednet-bounces@educ.umass.edu]
Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2007 10:47 AM

In a message dated 1/13/07 9:19:34 AM,

  "Norwich, Conn seventh grade teacher, Julie Amero has been convicted of four
counts of risk of injury to a minor after her classroom PC displayed pornographic
pop-ups in class. While an expert for the defendant said he had discovered spyware
on her PC that had been downloaded from a hairstyling site, the local police
investigator claimed that the spyware had been downloaded from actively visiting
porn sites. Amero testified that she had told four other teachers and the assistant
principal about the popups, but received no assistance. The school's internet
filtration software was not working because it's license had expired. Amero faces
up to forty years in prison."

  from http://slashdot.org/articles/07/01/13/0753209.shtml