Hi all,

For a project I am doing with our health teacher we need to buy 25
digital cameras that would allow students to take a picture of
everything they eat and drink for one week.  We need the cameras to hold
a charge for that long, store about 40 pictures (low quality), that are
easy to use, relatively easy to get pictures off of AND that will cost
us less than $50 each (hopefully more like $20 each).  I know we are not
going to get super nice pictures with a camera that's this cheap, but
the things I'm seeing out there as I browse around look REALLY low end.
Can anyone recommend a similar camera they might have used that they
liked (or at least didn't hate).  We really want to keep the price low
since we have to buy in such volume and we don't want parents to have to
be responsible for a very expensive piece of equipment.  If you can
suggest something, please specify brand, model, and a vendor if
possible.

We had considered going with disposable cameras, but when we factor in
the cost of developing/printing the costs seem prohibitively high for
something we won't be able to use again.  And we'll be doing the project
with 75 kids, so if we use disposables, we'd actually need 75, instead
of dividing the classes into three groups and sharing 25 digitals.

Any advice?  I'm incorporating the project into a grant application, so
I'll need the info by 2/14.  I'll post a hit if there is interest.

Thanks!

Karen McCalla, Librarian
Mill River Union High School
North Clarendon, VT  05759