Colleagues,

Another way to encourage faculty and staff to use your services and
library is to send regular e-mails to them.  Yesterday I send a
forwarded message to them, and even got a response from our Resource
Officer.  Just shows you that people are reading and although they do
not always comes into the library, they are 'connected' to what you are
doing with students.

This is what I sent them.  It was forwarded to me...

       "I CAN READ IT! CAN YOU?

 Fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too.

 Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe can.

 i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.

 The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at

 Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a

 wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer

 be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll

raed it whotuit a pboerlm Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed

ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I

 awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad

it.

 ONLY FORWARD IF YOU CAN READ THIS!"

Danville Fourie

Librarian