Many thanks to everyone who responded with recommendations of books that are
circular tales. It is so nice to know that there is such a large support group out
there! You really helped me out. Linda Barefoot

My original post:

I am a Media Assistant and MLS student looking for some advice. A fourth grade
teacher requested books that are circular tales (the story ends the same way it
started). The only books I could think of were,  If You Give a Moose a Muffin, If
You Give a Pig a Pancake, and If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. I feel like I should
have offered options by authors other than just Numeroff.  Can anyone suggest
additional books that are circular tales? Thanks.

A list of all the circular tales recommended to me:

The Tiny Seed by Eric Carle
Jumanji by Chris Van Allsburg

***

I typed "circular tales" into Google and got ...

http://nell.boulder.lib.co.us:90/search~S7/d?bplct-pb
<https://piratemail.ecu.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://nell.boulder.lib.co.us:90/search~S7/d?bplct-pb>

***

The Caldecott Winner, Flotsam by David Wiesner, is a circular tale.

***

The newest Caldecott, Flotsam is a circular story (unless the end has to be exactly
the same) - there are some more listed at
http://www.monroe.lib.in.us/childrens/predict.html
<https://piratemail.ecu.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.monroe.lib.in.us/childrens/predict.html>

***

Try The Stonecutter - there is a version by Demi and another by Gerald McDermott.
Traditional folktale - lends itself well to storytelling

***

The Napping House by Wood is another circular tale.  Pennina Schramm has
a book of Jewish stories that are circular.

***

I used to use the title _50 Below Zero_, by Robert Munsch. It is a
perfect circular tale and the kids loved it.

***

Love You Forever by Robert Munsch might work or Miss Birdie Chose a Shovel by
Leslie Connor...

***

Bubble Gum, Bubble Gum by Lisa Wheeler

***

David Macaulay has one called Black and White that is very funny.

***

1 and 3 are most appropriate to 4th-grade students.

Here are a few more:

Other Recommended Circle Stories:
1.
A Circle of Friends by Giori Carmi (Star Bright Books, 2003)

2.
House Is a House for Me by Mary Ann Hoberman, illustrated by Betty Fraser
(Viking, 1978)

3.
Miss Rumphius by Barbara Cooney (Viking, 1982)

4.
The Napping House by Audrey Wood, illustrated by Don Wood (Harcourt Brace
Jovanovich, 1984)

5.
The Seed and the Giant Saguaro by Jennifer Ward, illustrated by Mike Rangner
(Rising Moon, 2003)

***

How about the new Caldecott winner, Flotsam?

***

Title:  The frog and the princess and the prince and the mole and the
frog and the mole and the princess and the prince ... /