"It's the media's mission to sensationalize!!!!"

The escalation of this debate, and the personal nature of the some of
the comments I'm hearing outside this group, makes me realize how
grateful I am to be a member of LM_NET, a group where we are free to
respectfully state our opinions no matter how unpopular. Not every
librarian is of the same mind about Lucky, but until the Times stepped
in, we were respectfully listening to each other's opinions and having
a professional debate. It is a privelege to be able to discuss my own
professional misgivings about the merits of a particular book, and
know that I will hear a range of polite and professional comments to
help guide me in my professional decisions. Thank you all for that.

And to the rest of world, if you're listening, please try to remember
that we are all professionals doing our best for the people we serve.
You are free to disagree with our decisions, but please do so
respectfully.

--
Sonja Cole
Bookwink.com, video booktalks for kids