My question:  My VP wants a humorous science related picture book to
share with 5th
 graders.

Replies:

Science Verse by Scieszka  (This was recommended by many.  Duh, where
was my mind?)
I know that, although slightly illustrated, this is not a picture
book, it talks about the scientific method and science so well (and
is funny), I just have to share it. It would be a great book for
grade fives to read.

The book is Leon and the Champion Chip by Allen Kurweil

Fungus that ate my school by Dorros
------------------------------
The Science Fair from the black Lagoon by Mike Thayler.

-----
"Diary of a worm " and "Diary of a spider" by Cronin

My 5th and 6th grade teachers love "Professor Aesop's The crow and the
pitcher " Not truly funny, but a wonderful picture book explaining
scientific method.
Weslandia?  It would be science related and would lend itself to good
discussion.
Dr. Xargle and the Earthlets (or something similar to that) is a very
funny book that would be good for science.  It is from an alien's point
of view...looking at us on earth.
Parts   by Tedd Arnold (the entire series)
----------------------------------

BALONEY by Scieska.

Arthur's science fair trouble or Arthur's heart trouble by Marc Brown
-----
The space shuttle : and other fun things compiled by Richard Scarry
Jessica's x-ray by Pat Zonta

The Secret Science Project that almost ate the school by Judy Sierra

One of the Captain Underpants books starts out with a school science
fair.
Magic School Bus books are pretty "busy", but they are humorous and
about science
Martian Rock/ Carol Shields
Science Fair Bunnies/Lasky
Rain Came Down/Shannon

"There's a Hair in My Dirt A Worm's Story" by Gary Larson (creator of
Far Side)

Title:  Rotten teeth /