Thanks to everyone who suggested the following materials:

The Gym Teacher from the Black Lagoon by Mike Thaler (My K-2 kids LOVE that
book!)

The one I recently bought for our bully prevention program is
<http://houghtonmifflinbooks.com/catalog/titledetail.cfm?textType=purchase&t
itleNumber=595255> Mim, Gym, and June; ISBN-10: 0618152547.

It teaches some great lessons. Hope your PE teacher will consider it.

Dog for a Day and Tiny for a Day by Dick Gackenbach.  Kids love climbing in
the big box (or under a table covered by sheet) then coming out as something
different.

John Burningham has several books that would serve this purpose.

How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World takes them to different
countries.

Murphy meets the treadmill by Ziefert, Harriet - Murphy is a dog who is
overweight.  He starts exercising on a treadmill.

Quick As A Cricket would be good since it depicts animals in various
movements the students could duplicate.

How about Rosie's Walk?

My PE teacher has a Titanic Game that involves ice bergs, and scooters that
are boats. The kids must work as teams. I'm not sure of the rules but I
could get them. She uses my Titanic books that week. The kids LOVE it.

Our PE teacher uses some Arthur/ DW books, DW Flips  (for gymnastics) or
close to that. Also Wilma Unlimited is a good picture book biography about
the african-american runner

This might work, in that the Grandma certainly works hard to get to her
son's house, but it involves rafting, an airplane, and biking. It's Margaret
Mahy's A Busy Day for a Good Grandmother. The PE teacher would have to adapt
the activities, though, so I don't know if that's what s/he wants.

Your PE teacher sounds fabulous!  What a great idea! Kudos to her for
combining books and PE!

Nadine Bernard Westcott has some cute picturebooks based on songs: Yankee
Doodle, Skip to My Lou, Peanut Butter and Jelly and there are audiotapes to
go with them.

Eric Carle: From Head to Toe, Papa, Get the Moon for Me

The Little Engine That Could

The Ants Go Marching (picturebook version)

Jump, Frog, Jump by Kalan

The Sara Boynton books and cds (available at Kohls)  Rhinocerous Tap,
Philadelphia Chickens, Dog Train

Ada G. Kent, Librarian

Ohio School for the Deaf

500 Morse Road