Dear colleagues:
Many of you have shared and asked for advice on  providing inservice to
staff. It appears to me that it has always been a kind of  sharing and updating in
regards to how the library supports the staff and  students. What is your
opinion on being invited to train the teachers how to  check books in and out from
the library? The following is a request from the  principal asking me to do
that.

"Would (...) work for you to provide a "mini-inservice" with teachers
regarding checking in and out books from library?  Thanks again for working  with
me
on this...I appreciate it"

First of all, I never said that I would work on this with her. After I  told
her face to face that I am not available to do the inservice, she suggested
to me the next day that I train two of our site technology mentors (a  second
grade teacher and a fifth grade teacher) and then they will train the  other
teachers at the next faculty meeting. Words cannot express my frustration  with
her on this. I just cannot accept that the teachers should have the right  to
use the automation system. I have been working at this site for ten years.
This is the principal's second year. Am I out of line?
Phyllis Moultrie
Instructional Assistant, Library
Stanton Elementary School
CVUSD, CA