We are just starting to play a little with podcasting, making some short
"advertisement" type podcasts to promote individual book titles.  My question is
about accessing the podcasts.  (I don't really think they are worthy of posting to
something like I-Tunes.)  Has anyone linked their podcasts through the MARC record
for the title?  I'm wondering about using the 856 tag to hyperlink to a district
web page where we have the podcast mounted.  The podcasts range from 50 seconds to
2 minutes in length.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing with me, sometimes, so if anyone has done
something like this and has any words of wisdom about how to do it or even if it
can be done, I'd appreciate the thoughts.  We are use Follect Circ/Cat+ automation
software.

We have another option, which is the podcast module for Moodle.  But I'm not
convinced that is the way to go at this point in time.

TIA,
Christine

Christine Findlay, CRC Director
Centerville City Schools