Good morning,

The last post to my blog in 2006 was about an article published in 1991, by
the American Indian Library Association. The full title of the article is
Selective Bibliography and Guide for "I" is not for Indian: The Portrayal
of Native Americans in Books for Children.

Here's the blog address:
http://americanindiansinchildrensliterature.blogspot.com/

Note that I removed the link at top of page (beneath title) to "Myths about
the First Thanksgiving" and replaced it with a link to a blog post I did in
December, in which there is consideration of English as a foreign language.
Provocative material.

On December 29th, I blogged about THE LESSER BLESSED, a book by First
Nations author, Richard Van Camp. He's done two picture books that are on
my recommended list. THE LESSER BLESSED is a YA novel. Definitely worth
reading.

December 28th, my post is a review of Deborah Miranda's book THE ZEN OF LA
LLORONA. The review is by Beverly Slapin of Oyate.

Please visit my blog, forward this email to others, and use "Comments"
option to respond to the posts (or email me privately).

Thanks,
Debbie

Debbie A. Reese (Nambé Pueblo)
Assistant Professor, American Indian Studies
Native American House, Room 2005
1204 West Nevada Street, MC-138
Urbana, Illinois 61801

Email: debreese@uiuc.edu