Greetings. Here are a couple of other sources that might be of interest.

1) AskforKids
http://www.askforkids.com
Note: I do work for Ask.com and would welcome suggestions on how we can improve
the AskforKids service.

Btw, we are now offering some of the Smart Answers found on Ask.com on the
AskforKids site.

An example:
http://www.askforkids.com/web?q=dogs&qsrc=1&o=0&l=dir
Note the box to help disambiguate the query. Do you want info about Golden
Retrievers, Akitas, or many other breeds.

Also, Ask Maps product could be of interest to educators. Why? You can simply
place your cursor anywhere on the map and the street location will be
automatically found. Want to find a new location, simply drag the "pin" to a
new location and the address (and directions) will dynamically change. Also,
Ask Maps offers both driving and walking directions. Often very different
routes.
http://maps.ask.com

MORE CHOICES!!!

2) Librarians' Internet Index
http://www.lii.org
Clear collection development policy. Selections by info pros. Great annotations.
New tools to refine searches.

3) Intute
http://www.intute.ac.uk
From the UK. For older students. Clear annotations.
They even have a massive set of web search tutorials.
All free. http://www.vts.intute.ac.uk/

4) Internet Public Library
http://www.ipl.org
Specifically, the KidsSpace section.
http://www.ipl.org/div/kidspace/

5) Infomine
http://infomine.ucr.edu
H.S. and above.

6) For Educators:
http://www.thegateway.org
Note how the metadata allows the searcher to sort and refine their search.

7) HomeworkNYC
http://www.homeworknyc.org
Directory for kids. Impressive

8) ALA "Great Websites for Kids"
http://www.ala.org/gwstemplate.cfm?section=greatwebsites&template=/cfapps/gws/default.cfm

cheers,
gary

Gary D. Price, MLIS
Librarian
Director of Online Information Resources, Ask.com
Editor, ResourceShelf and DocuTicker

Visit ResourceShelf and Docuticker
http://www.resourceshelf.com
http://www.docuticker.com