     Thank you to everyone who responded with help on transferring videos from the
United Streaming web site to a video iPod.  Many asked for a "hit" and I am more
than happy to share that information.  The first step is to download the video in
Quicktime format--that option is on the left side below the video you are
downloading.  Once you have it saved open up iTunes and import the file.  After the
file is imported select Update from your file menu.  If a message pops up that the
file could not be transferred because the iPod cannot support the video, you will
need to "convert" the video.  To do this, select Advanced from your Tool Bar and
Convert from the drop down menu.  My video was 4 min. 46 secs. and the process took
just a few minutes.  Then, select Update and it should be on the iPod.  To play the
video on the TV you will need the cables specific for this purpose (Radio Shack,
$19.99).  On your iPod, select Video Settings.  The first option, TV Out should be
either !
 Ask or
On.  You may also need to check the TV Signal.  Mine played fine on NTSC.  Connect
the cables to the TV and turn the TV to channel 3.   Interestingly enough, the
volume control worked on both the TV and the iPod.
     I hope this works for you.  Please let me know if you experience any problems.
 I  am excited to show this to my colleagues as this eliminates the need for a
projector.  Now, we just need to get iPods for everyone!  Thanks again for all of
your quick responses.
--
Carolyn Wert
Librarian