Although I couldn't find a link to the full text article here is the info
you need to find what you're looking for:
Author: Pace, E.
Source: New York Times; 9/26/91; Vol. 141, Issue 48735, pA1
Abstract: Presents an *obituary* of Theodor *Seuss* Geisel, the author and
illustrator whose whimsical fantasies written under the pen name *Dr*. *
Seuss* entertained and instructed millions of children and adults around the
world. He died in his sleep (exact cause of death was unclear) on September
24 at his home in La Jolla, Calif., at age 87. His life; Discussions of some
of his nearly 50 books.
ISSN: 0362-4331

On 1/4/07, Carol Lange <cb.lange@verizon.net> wrote:

> Hi everyone.does anyone have the copy of the poem that was published in
> the
> New York Times when Theodor Geisel (Dr. Seuss) died? If I remember
> correctly, it was a stylized testament to his accomplishments.
>

> Carol Lange, teacher and MLIS student
>
> Brookside School
>
> Monroe Township, NJ
>
> cb.lange@verizon.net

> You can prevent most e-mail filters from deleting LM_NET postings
> by adding LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU to your e-mail address book.
> * LM_NET Help & Information: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/
> * LM_NET Archive: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/archive/
> * EL-Announce with LM_NET Select: http://elann.biglist.com/sub/