Hi Everyone,

Here are the responses I received to my original question: Can any of
you recommend an elementary level encyclopedia in Spanish? I'm
particularly interested in science encyclopedias, but general
information is fine.

Thanks again to my 3 responders.

Donna
Guild

                                            District Elementary
Librarian

                San Luis Coastal
USD

   donnaguild@charter.net

My school is a K-5th grade bilingual school in Salem, OR and we've
been using for the past several years the Student World Book
Encyclopedia in Spanish (there’s also an identical encyclopedia in
English).  It’s written at a 3rd grade level.

Also, the same encyclopedia is available through World Book Online (a
subscription based service), plus much, much more!

World Book has a Spanish version of their World Book Discovery
Encylopedia (a version for grades 1-4)
The best enciclopedia throughout the years has been: Nueva
Enciclopedia Cumbre.  I did not see a copyright date at the site:
http://www.scholastic.ca/education/library/encyclopedias/cumbre.html
at the very bottom it says Canada 2003, but it would be best to ask.
Mine at school is a 1999 edition. Even here in Miami it is not used
much in print because we have it online.