I think my first computer was a Northstar or something with a similar
name.  What ever it was, during the late '80s my father was upgraded his
office computers and insisted that I needed this instead of a
typewriter.  It was one of those with the computer, monitor and keyboard
all in one piece and the big floppy disks.  It didn't use DOS it used
some other operating system, and while the computer was free, I had to
spend hundreds of dollars to get a printer that would work with it. I
couldn't get new software for it, so I had only the word processing
program he had for it.  But he didn't give me the manual to go with the
program, and I had never used a computer before.  It was a real
adventure.  When I upgraded to a PC Jr. I couldn't find anyone who
wanted it so I put it in the back of a closet to wait for another yard
sale.  I think it is still there.

--
Georgia Richards
The Universal Substitute