Here is my HIT for the report card comments starting with my original post.
I continued to search the web for examples and came across this wonderful website
and with
their permission have passed it on to you. Check it out! It's almost exactly what I
was looking for.

http://schools.lwsd.org/blackwell/Library/Report%20card%20grading%20rubric/Library%20grading%20Rubric%20for%20webpage.htm.

Thanks to all that responded.
I completed by report cards, what a daunting task.
You all are a awesome group.
Mary

Hello colleagues,
This is a first for me, we have to have report cards for K-2 (have always done 4-6)
that we've never had before. We have a rubric to follow but I wondered if anyone
had any specific report card comments librarians might use. Googled it and
found comments specifically for PE and art, nothing I could find for elementary
library. Anyone willing to share? Thanks in advance. Mary

Suzanne Ng, Librarian
South Mountain Elem. School

returns materials on time;
uses library resources appropriately;
applies knowledge
can locate items in library independently?
  and then you would mark the child: consistently ; Needs support;
working to improve; unsatisfactory?

Jill Brown, LMS
Nardin Academy

I don't do report cards. Was asked to, but I made the
case that the library is a resource and not a class.
Even those classes that come regularly for book
exchange - not every kid comes (often kept in
classroom or taken out for special tutoring). Kids are
out sick, school is cancelled, etc., etc.
I like that the library is grade free, especially for
those students who need a refuge. Tehy often display a
totally different picture as in the library they are
not under performance pressure.
If you absolutely have no choice, keep a notebook and
jot down stuff you observe and take it from there.
Otherwise the comments are so generic as to be
meaningless.

Pat Bartoshesky, Librarian
Highlands School (k-5)

on our report cards, which use only canned comments, there is a
comment to the effect of "needs to return library materials." I just
discovered it and will be using it from now on.
Of course I send out overdue notices, but without any assurance that they
reach the parents' hands

Janice Conger
Librarian
Arrowhead Elementary

We have no library specific comments but I was thinking of some custom
comments that included how the student is doing with the Accelerated
Reader program.  I would love to add library comments such as:
excellent research skills or research skills need improvement, or
student knows how to find and use quality information... something
information literacy specific.

Terry Gessner
Hickory Elementary School

I've been writing a short summary for parents of all the units/projects we've
covered thus far in the school year (about half a page long and copied for each
child in each class) and end up with a plea for them to read with their children
and use the public library. It's short and sweet and I think it packs more punch
than any specific comment on a little one.

Jane S. Mayott, Middle School Librarian
Fredericksburg Christian Schools

WHY report cards for K-2?  What is the objective?  I am thinking hard, but
don't know on what criteria I would grade a five-to-seven-year old child in
the library...  How do you grade for 4th -6th graders? What about 3rd-5th
graders? Interesting...  let me know what you find out

Betty Winslow, Media Center Director
BGCA
Bowling Green, OH

How about -
Uses books and other library materials carefully
Returns books on time
Knows the parts of a book (cover, spine, etc.)
Behaves in an acceptable manner in library

Mary P. Sundberg, LMS
Poland Elementary
Poland, NY 13431
marypsundberg at yahoo dot com