Monica McCollum writes: Is anyone going to the Judy Freeman
workshop in Jacksonville, Miss =Friday Feb. 2?

I, for one, will be there with bells on, and I've been busy
packing my bags all day. I can't WAIT to warm up down South.
(What do you MEAN it's 40 in Alabama! Say it isn't so!)

And I sure hope lots of folks are coming that day,
otherwise it'll be a very dull day for me, but my BER seminar
is actually being held in Jackson, Mississippi, not Jacksonville.
I WILL be in Jacksonville, Florida on Tuesday, Feb. 13,
so that can be a tad confusing.

If you check the calendar on my website, you can see if
I'm stopping in at a city near you (like Honolulu on March 2--
WAHOO!), and maybe get the day off to come and have
a blast with new books all day long. (No testing, testing, testing;
no No Child Left Undone; just a glorious day of fabulous books
and stories and songs with others who are as book and
kid-crazed as you are! My favorite way to spend the day.)

Or check the BER website--www.ber.org--to see who else will be
visiting your neck of the woods.

If you do come, be sure say hi and introduce yourself as an LM_NETter.
I sing LM_NET's praises at every single workshop, and I'm always
amazed when I see how many folks are NOT on our listserv.
How on earth can a school librarian exist these days without the
power and glory of LM_NET!?

See you on the road--

Judy

Judy Freeman
Children's Literature Consultant
"Wild About Books" columnist, School Library Media Activities Monthly
Author of the all new Books Kids Will Sit Still For 3
  (Libraries Unlimited, 2006; www.LU.com)
65 North Sixth Avenue
Highland Park, NJ 08904
732-572-5634 / BKWSSF@aol.com