I know "kit" was traditionally used to designate the grouping of different types of
materials. Is "kit" still an acceptable cataloging term to use in Marc records and
call numbers? Example: if we have a book that we package together with a "spoken
word" sound recording, does that get labeled as a kit? If any of you use the "Kit"
designation, do you just follow the word with the call number? (Kit F Pau)? Thanks
very much for any answers you can send my way.

Katherine A. Billet
Librarian
State College Area School District
State College, PA