A number of the schools in my district are looking at Tracks and Text Tracks
software to check out textbooks to students. The demo looked good because our ASB
person has to record lost textbooks manually now, but I'm still a little leary.
There is a web based module that lets teachers check textbooks in and out from
their computer. The program is supposed to use the barcodes we are currently using
with our library circulation system. I wonder how fast the system will be because
our current library software is so slow that many teachers balk at checking books
out in their classrooms. I don't want the library to become totally responsible for
checking textbooks in and out. Has anyone has experience with this product?

Pat Accorinti
Library Media Teacher
Cupertino High School
Cupertino, CA