From: School Library Media & Network Communications
[mailto:LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Jessica Langlois
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 11:31 AM
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Target: HS reader's advisory (non-fiction)

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble finding recommendations for one of my students. I have
found a few, but if anyone could think of more I would appreciate it.

This student is a sophomore from Spain, and he hasn't found anything he
likes here yet, so I really want to impress him.

The last few books he liked in Spain were narrative non-fiction. One was
about a reporter who went undercover as a neo-Nazi, one was about a man who
was in some work accident and it was about his injuries and recovery, and
one was about a former drug addict.

His English is pretty good although he struggles sometimes, so it can't be
anything with too high of a reading level. However, as you can see, he likes
the more mature themes.

I have tried the usual RA sources but those are better for fiction.

If anyone has any great ideas I will be very grateful!

TIA,

Jessica Langlois
Librarian
Mount St. Joseph Academy