Please distribute widely and forgive cross-posting.
*****
A record number of applications have been received for this year's We the People
Bookshelf on the "Pursuit of Happiness," presented by the National Endowment for
the Humanities, in cooperation with the American Library Association Public
Programs Office (deadline is today January 31, 2007)! We need more volunteer
reviewers!

This year's We the People Bookshelf has only one deadline and the number of school
and public libraries to be awarded is again 2,000! As this national initiative
continues to impact so many school and public libraries, it presents an excellent
opportunity for librarians to be integrally involved in library selection.

Judges will review and rate proposals online via a password accessible National
Endowment for the Humanities Web site. The applications are very brief and should
take no longer than 3-5 minutes per review. Each judge will be asked to review
approximately 40-50 applications. Each judge will be given three weeks to complete
the assigned batch of proposals. The entire review process will be competed by
February 28, 2007.

Judges may not be applicants to the WTP initiative under the January 31 deadline.

More information on the WTP initiative can be found at www.ala.org/wethepeople or
http://www.wethepeople.gov/bookshelf . If you are interested in serving as a
reviewer, please contact Mary Davis Fournier at mfournier@ala.org .

Mary Davis Fournier